Celebrating the global Endometriosis Awareness Month, Illuminating Endometriosis is the first event of its kind for endometriosis here in Canberra. Aimed at both health professionals and consumers, Illuminating Endometriosis is being coordinated and organised by the Canberra Endometriosis Network with support from the Canberra Endometriosis Centre and JUNIC Specialist Imaging and Women’s Centre.
The program of events is designed to reflect the emerging role of consumers in the management and treatment of their condition along with the critical advancement of pelvic ultrasound in the early diagnosis and appropriate triage of patients with endometriosis. This pre-diagnostic tool represents an important and influencing factor in the empowerment of those with the disease.
Tickets are free but you are invited to make a contributing donation towards the cost of the event.
Keynote speakers on the day include:
- Associate Professor Susan Evans, Gynecologist, Laparoscopic Surgeon and Pain Management Specialist
- Dr Valeria Lanzarone, Obstetrics and Gynecological Ultrasound Specialist
- Dr Uche Menekaya, Gynecologist, Sonologist and Laparoscopic Surgeon
- Dr Jenny Leung, General Practitioner
- Associate Professor Irmina Nahon, Physiotherapist
- Melissa Parker, Registered Nurse Coorindator and Researcher
- Jane Kearney, Sex Therapist
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RANZCOG) continuing professional development points have been attached to the event.
Babies in arms welcome.
We thank our sponsors and supporters:
- National Museum of Australia – Lawson Crescent, Acton, ACT 2601, Australia – View Map